Monday, August 11, 2014

Robin Williams is an *******

What's been made official: Robin Williams is an *******
 Source: Faceook
Date: August 11, 2014

If I'd asked anyone yesterday, using that expletive to describe Robin Willliams wouldn't have been on anyone's mind. But the star's suicide brought out different reactions from different people. On twitter, I saw mostly shock, sadness and warnings about the destructive nature of depression and requests for people to get help.

Facebook was mostly a mix of shock and disbelief, but one of my friends took the occasion to make official that Robin Williams is, indeed, an *******. In the ensuing discussion, the person went on to say it was part of the stages of grief and he'd apologize should Williams' family happen upon his facebook message, but wrote " If someone I like/care about does something to piss me off, guess what? Their (sic) an ******* (at least temporarily.)" 

UPDATE: I went to go get a screenshot of the post, but it turns out the poster who officially declared Robin Williams an ******* has deleted the post from Facebook. However, our policy (just now instituted) is that it was made official at one point, so I'm keeping my post up.

No comments:

Post a Comment